Sacred Heart School lives the Guanellian family spirit of charity by embracing all students with respect and esteem. Recognizing Christ in each person, we provide a distinctly Catholic education that empowers students with knowledge and skills to succeed in life. Through a caring environment, we foster the God-given gifts and abilities of our students, so as to prepare them to contribute positively in the Church and society.
Hopes for Our Graduates
- Open to and Growing in Their Faith - seeking God in all people and all things
- Intellectually Competent - exhibiting a mastery of academic skills for success in a college preparatory or honors high school program, grounded a sense of realistic optimism about his/her God given abilities
- Creative – being inventive by finding answers from their own experiences to address the challenges facing society, their family, and their own personal growth
- Religious - knowledgeable of the basic truths of the Catholic Faith; respectful of the beliefs of others and aware of the innate value of others
- Promote a Climate of Joy and Loving Service – living with simplicity, sensitivity, self-confidence, and happiness to express praise, empathy, and goodwill to others.
- Try to Live for and with Others - sharing their God given gifts to help others grow in happiness and achieve success in their lives
Guanellian Core Values & Charism
The values espoused by Sacred Heart stem from the life and teaching of St. Louis Guanella whose life mission was to help those in need in the name of Christ Jesus.
The Innate Value of the Human Person: In every human being there exists something more than any one of us can surmise. Every person has an extraordinarily rich reality. Regardless of their limits each person bears a strong desire for continuous development in order to reach his or her full potential.
The Treasure of the Human Person is his or her Heart: The important value of a person lies neither in his or her talents nor professional success, but in his or her emotional expression, capacity for relationships, and commitment to the development of society.
Dignity of the Poor: The person in need reveals the true face of the human being. The poor (not just in the monetary sense, but also intellectual, cultural, spiritual, emotional) are invaluable as human persons with dignity and worth.
Family Spirit: The central element of the Guanellian charism is Family Spirit. As a Guanellian School, Sacred Heart School transmits with warmth, the sense of acceptance that one feels in a family setting.